Senior Supply Chain Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Supply Chain Analyst
San Mateo, CA
As the Senior Supply Chain Analyst, you will be joining the Supply Chain Analytics team. This team’s mission is to support Sony PlayStation’s Supply Chain through KPI reporting, analytics, and transformation of business processes. You will partner with Program Managers (PMs) and Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) to build balanced solutions that drive the business forward. Your customers will be the Planning, Procurement, NPI, Logistics, and Reverse Logistics groups. The KPI’s that you will develop for these teams will be inclusive of: Lead Time variability, Planning accuracy, and Throughput. Furthermore, you will assist in developing Scorecards that include cost and performance comparison of our Suppliers, Warehouses, and Transportation providers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build a comprehensive understanding of Sony PlayStation’s Supply Chain operations. This highly analytical role requires the ability to deliver solutions that improve the performance of the supply chain while minimizing cost.
- With PM support, interview partners to build process flows of current vs. ideal state
- Prototype ideal data structures within MS Access/Excel and partner with BSAs to transition into a system
- Develop dashboards and build presentations that synthesize sophisticated ideas into an analytical narrative
- Develop and implement short and long term solutions for KPI’s, Scorecards, and reporting to support business needs and drive cost efficiencies
- Find opportunities to improve reporting, streamline operations, and eliminate redundancies
- Review Supply Chain performance against targets and advise on solutions to achieve targets
- Lead continuous improvement projects and work collaboratively with impacted organizations. (i.e. development of automated critical metric reporting)
- Drive long-term strategic planning and design through modelling and simulations of efficient solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Industrial Engineering
- At least 3 years of practical experience in supply chain, logistics, planning, or analytics
- Expert knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Lean Six Sigma and Tableau experience a strong plus
- Must be a self-starter with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks under deadline pressures
- Effective communication skills, communicating internally and externally with the highest degree of integrity
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.