Senior Staff Brand Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking to hire a Senior Staff Brand Manager to support our exclusive games developed by PlayStation Studios and Insomniac Games. Reporting directly into the Group Manager, Global Brand Marketing, this role will work closely with a team of global marketers and partner with development studios to craft the brand and global go-to-market marketing strategy for several high-profile game titles.
We are thrilled to be growing our team and would love to hear from you!
Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Lead a robust team of marketers responsible for a portfolio of key titles.
- Define global brand and product strategy, including positioning, unique selling points, and go-to-market approach based on strategic target audiences, market, and player insights.
- Lead global cross-functional teams, responsible for pulling together holistic global business results for their portfolio.
- Develop best-in-class live service strategy, including always-on, content strategy for Games as a Service.
- Accountable for the success of the global marketing campaign.
- Partner closely with development studios to develop product marketing strategy for game titles, including resolving appropriate target audiences, business models (financial models and/or monetization strategies), launch timing, and product/service feature sets.
- Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for franchises.
- Lead global marketing budget for portfolio of titles.
- Deep understanding of and experience working on AAA Games, platform experience a plus.
- Proven record of success in developing high impact global consumer strategies, mass market campaigns, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing, for our portfolio of games/services.
- Have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing ecosystem including consumer insights, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation, and creative development.
- Experience with digital product offerings on mobile and PC platforms, a plus.
- Ability of influencing and engaging external and internal partners in a franchise brand vision.
- Experience partnering with licensors and working on licensed IP games.
- Extensive knowledge of and a passion for video games is a huge plus.
- 10+ years of product and brand marketing.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.