PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Audio Programmer will provide tool development and technical system design and implementation for PlayStation Studios audio tools and technology department. Working across an array of PlayStation Studios interactive titles, the role will involve game code, middleware, plugin and offline tool development while interfacing with multiple teams across the globe such as R&D, platform, game teams and QA. This is not a music composition role.
PlayStation Studios audio tools and technology department develops cutting edge audio technologies for upcoming titles from the range of studios who make up PlayStation Studios. We are a centralised team that allow us to be agile and develop tech for titles where and when it is needed. It also allows us to develop audio technologies which can be rolled out to multiple teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design of audio tools for sound design and music team.
- Process tools to drive automated build systems
- Audio processing plugins for audio engines
- Linking of game systems to audio engine
- Linking game system authoring tools to sound design tools
- Complex new audio engine features
- Planning, documenting and implementing all relevant audio systems in collaboration with other members of the audio programming team
- Supporting the sound design and music production team in tooling requests and game debugging.
- Ensure code developed runs in an efficient manner and is bug free
- Debugging code such that it is release ready
- Providing packaged releases of audio systems
- Ownership of overall audio tech delivery on a game
What we are looking for:
- 3+ Years production experience and 1 shipped title on console/PC/Mobile
- Passionate about audio and video games
- Strong experience in C++ and object orientated design
- Experience in C# .NET and WPF
- Strong knowledge of 3D mathematics
- Knowledge of acoustics and digital signal processing
- Experience of audio production software: Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Reaper.
- Great communicator: strong written and verbal skills
- Loves solving complex problems
- Well-organised, detailed orientated and maintains high standards
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.