Associate QA Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Associate Manager (Test Services, PlayStation Studios QA) | San Diego, CA
An exciting opportunity to join a globally distributed team that supports PlayStation Studios & their projects.
As Associate Manager, your responsibilities will be working with the Test Services Management team to provide excellent testing services to PlayStation Studios across the globe. You will get to work with ground-breaking hardware and videogames within a large multicultural, multi region team; helping us drive and build the future of games & games testing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the management team to ensure PlayStation Studios teams are provided excellent testing services
- Know your assigned PlayStation Studios development team well, understanding their specific needs to help develop services to meet them
- Work with the management team to develop positive and collaborative relationships with PlayStation Studios teams and ensure effective communication takes place
- Plan, implement, and report on title and department efficiencies developed by the teams you work with
- Lead testing staff through coaching, mentoring, and developing them through regular 1-on-1 meetings and performance reviews
- Work alongside PlayStation Studios developers and production staff to develop and own resource plans to support the department and studios
- Assist the management team in budget-related activities (for example, the creation of title budgets and communication)
- Work with the management team to develop strategies to improve the department by anticipating challenges, planning for upcoming platforms tools and technologies, and crafting efficiencies
- Develop and grow knowledge of QA services and techniques in order to drive process improvement and future PlayStation Studios QA service offerings
- Collaborate with peers and applicable department teams to promote knowledge sharing and to cultivate innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
- Help drive a positive and inclusive culture across PlayStation Studios QA
What we are looking for:
- Passion for videogames!
- Excitement to be a part of a diverse team.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a team leadership/managerial role
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Processes
- Experience with budgetary oversight and planning
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to demonstrate SIE cultural leadership values: Communicate, Innovate, Collaborate, Include
- Interactive media/games industry experience
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership or managerial role
- Excellent PlayStation and other console platform knowledge
- Cross-cultural/Global work experience
- Knowledge of PlayStation Studios QA operations, processes, systems and workflows
- PC Games testing experience, supporting and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc
- General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.