Playground Games is looking for a Lighting Artist to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa. As a Lighting Artist you will work with the CG Supervisor to achieve our vision for lighting in a AAA open world racing game.
You will proactively drive any collaboration with other departments as well as identifying and helping to develop techniques and toolsets. You will ensure that deadlines are met and work meets the quality required, while also identifying risks or opportunities for improvement. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
You should have:
- Excellent knowledge of lighting theory.
- Experience with 3DSMax.
- Understanding and experience baking lightmaps.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques.
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering.
- An understanding of digital photography principles.
- A passion for games.
- An understanding of animated VFX is desirable, but not required.
This is an excellent opportunity for exceptional lighting artists who are looking to further their career with an ambitious developer.