Player1 Events is responsible for producing, planning, promoting and delivering the Insomnia Gaming Festival as the flagship to a variety of other gaming, technology and esports events. We are a passionate group of people with great ambition to grow our business considerably over the coming months and years. You'd be joining an enthusiastic and inclusive team that values hard work, drive and fun; and take pride in what they do and enjoy working alongside new and regular clients across the industry.
We are looking for an Esports Manager with experience in esports to:
- Guide and Support company strategy including working on tournaments that take place at our flagship event Insomnia Gaming Festival and providing support for international partners
- Lead on various esports projects for both white label contracts and our own.
- Be responsible for the overall operational planning and delivery of esports projects to an agreed schedule, within budget, and to agreed quality standards.
- Actively manage communications with, and the expectations of, external clients, and key business stakeholders.
- Attend multiple live events per year, including in other countries around the world, to ensure operational delivery success
- Tournament & Project Management
- Provide tournament advice and experience for internal or external esports projects
- Provide and deliver practical tournament planning and administration for internal content and white label events.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple or large-scale esports projects, coordinating tasks for multiple departments, on behalf of esports projects
- Create and ongoing management of esport project plans covering tournament formatting, staffing, logistical administration, stage and production briefs
- Effectively control esports project tasks, deliverables, timelines and costs
- Manage a budget, ensuring any cost-saving potential is always explored and considered
- Responsible for managing and mitigating all risks and issues
- Attend live events to manage and supervise finished products where applicable, to ensure quality and success
- Ensure that clients and stakeholders are kept informed as appropriate when an event is live
- Lead on esports/tournament content consultancy for our international projects
- Ensure all regular progress reporting is timely, accurate and transparent
- Initiate and chair regular delivery team meetings to monitor progress, including post-project debriefs
- Effectively communicate relevant esport project information to superiors and peers
- Measures KPIs for projects and suggests potential adjustments to ensure targets are met
- Write role briefs and briefing all required resources of roles and expectations
- Responsible for the management, motivation and leadership of staff, volunteers, and contractors, allocated to the specific project
- Drive completion of tasks to ensure milestone achievement and engage with task owners
- This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- You will often be asked to work evenings and long weekends, especially in the lead up to and during big events, good personal time management will be a huge aspect of your work.
Skills & Experience Required
- Good understanding of the UK Gaming and esports events industry.
- A self-starter who takes responsibility for their targets
- Experience in building esport event concepts and an understanding of relevant costs and budgeting
- At least 2 years of esports management experience
- At least 1 year of project management experience
- Ability to manage a multi-skilled team of resources including contractors, volunteers, and agencies
- Technically minded and proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing software
- Has the energy and initiative to drive a project to its conclusion, even under adverse circumstances
- A passion for esports is essential
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and at times conflicting priorities as well as tracking progress on a wide range of tasks and not afraid to notice and signal issues and deploy problems solving skills
- A professional, confidential and flexible approach to working with people
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations and thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude ability to work as a team player with other areas of the business
- A keen eye for detail and efficiency
Perks and Flexibility
- We’re currently working from home and likely to remain so for the rest of 2021. Once we are settled, with a base office (likely between Junction 4 and 14 of the M3 corridor), we expect to have a hybrid model of office and home working days.
- Flexible working hours based around a core period
- Access to the Group Learning and Development programmes
- 25 days holiday per year