(Closed) Director of Business Development
Player Omega is a new kind of tour for the modern gamer. We are celebrating the video game and esports lifestyle and bringing like-minded people together with participation-based, community-focused events. We’re building a team to create best-in-class gaming competitions, cosplay, art installations, and music. We want to work with passionate, hard-working individuals and unite gaming communities through inclusive, large-scale experiences.
About the position:
We’re looking for a world-class Director of Business Development who isn’t afraid to walk through the fire, slay dragons, and climb any mountain. Our ideal candidate can strategically guide and create the Player Omega pipeline to win every time. The Director of Business Development must be able to perform under pressure and go beast-mode to grow the company and further the vision of Player Omega. The candidate should be prepared to pitch and show our team what you’ve accomplished and the dragon’s you’ve slain.
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals for a business development department
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements
- Works with other departments to ensure alignment of company goals, as set by senior management
- Ensures business growth strategies are met
- Manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function
- Develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree of Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of gaming, live events, and/or media space
- Solid knowledge of the overall departmental function
- The position will start as a contractor to FT
- Salary negotiable based on previous work experience
- Benefits include health, dental, vision & life
Required application materials:
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why are you interested in working at Player Omega?
- What games you are currently playing?
- What does gaming lifestyle mean to you?
- Be prepared to show off your past accomplishments