We're Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe
We are looking for an experienced gameplay programmer to join our team. You will take responsibility for scripting the systems that allow gameplay mechanics to work in a wide variety of in game situations and find pragmatic solutions to take new concepts and puzzles through to production.
This requires a keen eye for how to adjust a given interaction in order to get the resulting experience to feel just right.
We have a very iterative workflow and strive for detail and high quality for every interaction in our games. You will also be involved in testing throughout the production and integrating the results back into these iterations.
We are looking for someone who is excited about all of the small intricacies of gameplay design, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
This role is located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark
What will you be doing?
- Prototype game mechanics.
- Prototype and implement gameplay interactions.
- Collaborate on level designs.
- Define your own goals and tasks.
What we need to see
- You have worked on the development of at least one released game
- Prior work experience with programming languages
- Experience with designing and implementing gameplay interactions.
- You are comfortable determining your own work and seeking feedback from others
What we would like to see
- Bachelors degrees in a relevant field.
- You have worked on the development of at least one AAA game
- Experience with major game engines.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with level design.
- You have made gameplay with a 1st or 3rd person, physics based character.