Senior Technical Animator
Pixel Toys is looking for a senior/principal graphics programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games with next-gen graphics running on mobile devices.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects' development and work to push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of the game, and will be actively involved in working with other disciplines leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable, most entertaining and visually best looking game possible.
As a Senior Technical Animator you will be working closely with and supporting our animators on a day to day basis. You will be able to communicate well, solving problems autonomously and collaborating with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines. The role will require; specifying and writing tools, creating best practices for the skinning and rigging of meshes and implementing animations in engine.
You will have demonstrated experience of developing character pipelines for at least two character heavy titles.
Our ideal candidate understands the principles of animation and will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of rigging and animation systems. You will play a key role in developing our internal animation pipeline and increasing the quality bar of our future titles.
- Have a minimum of 2 completed projects experience putting a character/rig/game pipeline in place on character heavy titles
- Are experienced with Motion Capture processes and pipelines
- Familiarity with source control: Perforce
- You are able to create and modify rigs for characters and props for various styles (realistic, cartoony)
- Are fully proficient in 3D animation software (e.g. Maya, MotionBuilder) with a deep technical focus on rigging, skinning and animation tools
- Experienced of creating animation tools and scripts (Python, MEL)
- Have great knowledge of anatomy and best practices for character topology
- Are knowledgeable of game development workflows and game engine implementation.
- Have strong self-management skills
- Are passionate about games and animation
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Have experience of creating facial rigs in game development workflows
- Have experience with cloth, muscles, dynamics and integrating them in to games
- Experienced with C# / Unity Editor Scripts
Why Work With Us
- Work in a friendly and flexible environment
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents