Social Media Coordinator (Paid Independent Contractor)
POSITION TITLE: Social Media Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
REPORT TO: Media Manager
The Social Media Coordinator position is an independent contractor position with the Pittsburgh Knights. The Social Media Coordinator reports directly to the Media Manager to ensure that the strategic needs of the Company are met. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Manage Knights’s presence on existing social media channels such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Facebook Group, Reddit, LinkedIn Discord, YouTube, TikTok, and explore new social media channels that we should be tapping into
- Create and maintain a social media content calendar for all posts across Knight’s channels
- Write and edit copy for Knights posts, and coordinate with our Design team on social media artwork and illustrations
- Keep a close eye on trending content on social media and strategize on ways for Knights to engage if/when appropriate
- Engage and interact with our social media communities by responding to comments and interacting with other relevant content
- Coordinate and align on social media content with Knights international teams
- Measure and report on KPIs such as follower growth and engagement rates across all social media channels, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
- 1-2 years of related experience in social media marketing
- Strong interest in social media trends and creating content that engages, inspires, and spreads widely
- Data-driven marketing experience, including analyzing and providing insights on performance of social media content and campaigns
- Solid interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for engaging with our social media communities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience managing social media for a consumer-focused app or tech company
- A portfolio of high-performing social media posts for other brands or clients
- Experience working with third parties, including agencies, vendors, and contractors
- Passion for our mission to make high-quality language education accessible to everyone
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one- on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.