Content Team Lead
The Content Team Lead will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Pinnacle’s content strategy across both Pinnacle-owned web and mobile properties and third-party platforms.
Working with the Head of Content Marketing, the Content Team Lead will support the development and execution of the content strategy. This role involves maintaining existing performance across various forms of content (website traffic, sign ups and engagement) whilst identifying areas of improvement to help generate more traffic to core product verticals (namely the sportsbook, casino and content portals) and maximise conversion metrics.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Content Marketing in creating, developing and executing the content element of the content and brand marketing strategy.
- Take operational ownership of the Content Marketing content creation schedule and have accountability for coordinating the internal task management platform.
- Produce regular reports to provide insight into the performance of content across various marketing channels.
- Work to maintain existing content production whilst continuously researching and recommending new avenues to increase content reach (across written, audio and video).
- Line management of a team of internal content creators, supporting each team member to create a high volume of quality content output to drive the wider strategy
- Hold weekly content team stand ups to aid content planning and optimise team efficiency
- Work to develop individual team members with monthly performance meetings
- Manage an existing roster of external content contributors, while continually seeking new contributors that specialise in subject matters that align with business priorities
- Implement, maintain, and refine an SEO strategy to improve the online reach of Pinnacle’s products.
- Ensure that all published content adheres to Pinnacle’s Brand Guidelines, Style Guide, SEO Guidelines and relevant regulation and legislation.
- Suggest and execute SEO experiments that will drive growth throughout the business and delivery against KPIs.
- Work closely with the Content Marketing team to deliver new optimised content and edit existing content to improve reach.
- Perform internal audits of Pinnacle’s online properties to identify and brand-led or technical issues and work to find solutions to these issues (this could be brand messaging and TOV to URL structure, meta-data, internal linking, etc).
- Collaborate with the Localisation team and Country Managers to implement a localised content and brand marketing strategy across target regions.
- Collaborate with BI team to analyse data to identify trends, opportunities and issues and make sure they are acted upon (web analytics, content performance and rankings reports).
- Manage the execution of market specific SEO tactical initiatives, including keyword research, competitor analysis, keyword performance analysis, site auditing, onsite optimisations and both internal and external link building.
- Use analysis to focus on the most efficient keyword optimisation on all sites, and through optimisation of content and meta-data to improve organic search results and conversions.
- Collaborate with IT team to implement best practice technical SEO across all properties.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least three years’ experience working with content-led role within a marketing team
- Experience in managing or leading team members
- Experience of managing site content and producing content schedules
- Experience in using content to acquire, retain, and engage customers
- Experience in the production and marketing of various forms of content (namely written, audio and video).
- Excellent technical SEO management skills
- Proven ability to identify technical SEO problems and opportunities, knowledge of research and analytics tools and technical understanding to provide recommendations and solutions across web and mobile
- Experience in overseeing large scale content-led marketing campaigns
- Knowledgeable of betting and a wide range of sports.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both spoken and written)
- Experienced with CMS, blog editors and common desktop publishing software (MS Office).
- Familiar with betting and casino terminology, and betting psyche.