Lead Technical Artist
- Setting the pipeline and technical tools as well as maintaining the quality standards to deliver the highest class of assets created by the Technical Artists Team, and ensuring that they follow the Technical Art Director vision
- Managing the talents of the Technical Artist team to achieve the best possible result for the project and personal growth of team members
- Providing mentorship, direction, and best in class managing principles to ensure quality results
- and efficient working practices
- Providing day-to-day feedback and creatively solving problems
- Working with the production team on tasks assignment and a team schedule
- Working hand in hand with the Art Director, Technical Director, and Art Leads to set the technical
- guidelines for content development
- Developing powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team working together with the
- Programmers and Programmers Leads
- Researching and implementing new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Creating high-quality assets and gadgets suitable technically and artistically to project universe
- Helping to improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Identifying and resolving pipeline issues
- Analyzing and improving art asset inefficiencies to optimize console and PC performance
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Supervising of bug fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Conducting consistent performance reviews of staff members
- Conducting recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- At least 7+ years of game development experience
- At least two AAA titles developed and shipped from start to finish
- At least 2 years of team leading experience
- Strong Leadership and mentoring skills
- Great understanding of creative and game development processes
- Experience in all aspects of creating game content for consoles and PC
- Extensive experience working with UE4
- Expert Maya knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, and Substance Designer
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and
- Strong experience in visual scripting in Eunreal Enginee Editor
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making videogames
Nice to have
- Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience
- Houdini experience
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya and Python or C++
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of nearly 300 talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada. Founded in 2002 we made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects, including Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
With over 18 years of experience in making shooter games, now PCF is aiming to explore new horizons and expand the borders of the genre even further. We want to combine our expertise with the creativity and skills of ambitious professionals, who will dare to join us in an epic journey to forever reshape the market landscape and work on the new generation of Online Shooters for the global gaming community.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate Senior Concept Artist, a champion in the Art Team who will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for a project. You´ll help establish and convey the Art Directors vision through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides.
As a Senior Concept Artist you will be required to visually develop and illustrate any given combination of game assets, associated game development imagery and speculative ‘pitch’ materials to a high standard and on schedule under the art direction of an art lead or art director.
In order to create a believable and breathtaking game world, you will be called upon to create inspiring designs ranging from realistic to sci-fi. From initial speed sketches, through to product - defining visuals – developing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion.
As a highly experienced professional you’ll have a chance to perfect your skills and knowledge working alongside leaders with bravery and passion to bring brand new memorable experience in the most popular genre in the world to the players worldwide.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, ready for some serious accountability and capable of leaving a mark on a game you work on, or even the genre as whole, apply now!
This role can be UK remote/Newcastle, or Poland remote/Warsaw.