Paradox Development Studio makes world-leading grand strategy games that our fans spends hundreds of hours in, and our artists make sure we do it in style! We are now looking for a talented UI Artist to join our art team in Stockholm!
You will be the bridge between our UX and 2D art team and be responsible for implementing wireframe designs into the game engine, making sure the UI look great and is accessible and easy to understand for the player.
- As an experienced UI/UX Artist on the team, you need to be equally passionate about creating good UX as well as appealing UI art.
- Visual development of UI mockups to help establish UI style for various projects
- You will work with variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets.
- There will be the opportunity to work on several different projects at once, each with their own style, so flexibility is key.
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required
- You will also contribute to the development of in-house UI tools and processes.
- Experienced UI/UX artist with the portfolio to prove it
- Ability to produce both wireframes and final UI assets
- Demonstrate good use of typography, composition and color
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- A passion for the strategy game genre
- Strong traditional art skills
- Familiar with PDS games or RTS games
On a personal level, our ideal candidate is passionate about our games and good at solving problems and able to work independently. You are humble and take on small tasks with the same vigor as the you do the big, juicy tasks.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact on our best-selling strategy games. You will be a central member of the world's leading game developer for Grand Strategy games!
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Art manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this. Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply to this role.