Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Oooh is a team of 25 who have built some of the biggest global phenomenons in video and video games and have come together with a moonshot mission. Backed by an incredible group of Silicon Valley and LA VC’s, founders, product and technology leaders and entertainment moguls—all of whom feel personally connected to our purpose—we’ve been quietly building a smarter and healthier next-gen digital platform focused on younger audiences. And, one that’s way more fun. That’s about all we are saying publicly right now :)
We’re now looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team! Working either from our Los Angeles or Kelowna, British Columbia Canada offices OR remotely you’ll be the first engineer dedicated to working on productionizing machine learning and computer vision technologies, and solving problems that range from architecting scalable infrastructure to building exciting product recommendation models.
This role needs someone who brings domain expertise from the video/media, social or gaming worlds, and ideally having worked at platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, mobile gaming or companies leveraging similar types of ML technologies. Without relative past experience, you may not be a great fit for this first dedicated ML position.
- You’ll apply machine learning and/or data science techniques to a variety of modeling and recommendation problems involving users, content creators and what engages them.
- You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Oooh, including designing distributed systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our engineering, data-science and product teams.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop data and model pipelines
- Apply machine learning and data science techniques and design distributed systems
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent degree and work experience.
- 6+ years of Industry engineering
- Solid understanding of the production machine learning workflow
- Experience with personalization, content, social, gaming, moderation ML work
- Past experience with recommendation engines
- Computer vision with respect to object detection and image classification
- Evaluation and setup off the shelf M/L engines and libraries
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, or related frameworks
- Experience with languages such as Python, Scala or Java
- Experience with content moderation systems
- Experience with data pipelines and ETL systems
- Working knowledge of distributed systems such as Spark
- Usage of Docker and Kubernetes
- Small team moving fast. All of the ownership with none of the BS.
- Premier Medical, Vision, Dental and Disability insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Other typical startup life benefits - that you have a say in - as we grow