Senior Visual Development Artist
Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
For one of the most well known IP’s in the world we’re looking for a Senior Visual Development artist to bolster our ranks. We’re interested in individuals who are proficient, pragmatic and self-driven. You’ll work exclusively on visual targets for the rest of the team to take as examples within our pod structure. The visual development pod is product oriented and ROI driven, together we make sure to solve, adapt and overcome any artistic challenges whether these are on the visual side or technical side.
What will you do:
- Create visual development work in accordance with specific art, product and design guidelines.
- Evaluate scalability for in-game assets, align with technical art to make sure plans are feasible for production.
- Align with UX to check if the visual development work created aligns with the previously established direction.
- Create hero assets that are in alignment with target resolution and are possible under technical restraints for mobile.
- Utilize our IP appropriately and make sure work created is on-brand.
- Connect all visual development work to our projected audience.
- Work closely with monetization and live ops to ensure our work matches the specifications and goals of these departments.
- Willingness to evaluate and improve workflows together with the Art Director and Art Producers on the project.
What will you need:
- 7+ years of experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- At least 1 published title with visual development work done by you.
- Wide variety of art software knowledge, mainly in 2D but not limited to.
- 2D & 3D conceptually “swift”, able to create a large amount of explorative assets that convey visual intent.
- Able to convey color theory and psychological implications of certain artistic choices.
- Knowledge of 2D/UI and 3D pipelines.
- Basic knowledge of Unity and the desire to learn more.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
What will make you a Rockstar:
- Ability to plan your own work.
- Pitch visual development work to leadership for evaluation.
Please enclose your CV and a link to your portfolio, otherwise your application will be discarded!