Software Engineer - Cloud
NVIDIA is looking for passionate software engineers to join our Cloud Software Engineering Team in GeForce NOW. In this role, you will play a significant part in helping to craft and guide the future of Cloud Gaming.
GeForce NOW is NVIDIA's Cloud Gaming service streaming games at the highest quality to any and every user regardless of their device types and capabilities – low-end PCs, Macs, or mobile devices. Using the most advanced GPUs and software, GeForce NOW transforms the gaming experience with always up-to-date games on always latest hardware, a streaming experience rivaling that of a local PC, and near-instant launch – just click and play! For more details see https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/
What you'll be doing:
You will be crafting restful cloud services and frameworks that form to create GeForce NOW. These services have requirements for low latency and high availability and throughput to support millions of gamers.
- Design, build and implement scalable cloud-based systems for SaaS/PaaS.
- Help drive the underlying technology stack.
- Work closely with other teams on new products or features/improvements of existing products.
- Drive performance tuning and automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
What we need to see:
- BA in CS or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experiences delivered SaaS/PaaS.
- Experience with Java/SpringBoot building RESTful web services.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud scale software.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Exposure to NoSQL DBs such as Cassandra and InfluxDB.
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and security.
- Experience with Docker and Containers
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation or Infrastructure as Code
- Extensive Experience with AWS (EC2, IAM, ECR, EKS, Route53 etc...)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with Redis or Memcached
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Show previous experience with developing systems at cloud scale.
- A track record of solving complex problems with elegant solutions.
- Demonstrate delivery of complex projects in previous roles.
- Experience with BASH, Perl, Python, AWS Lambda, GoLang, Prometheus and Kubernetes
- Expert knowledge of the HTTP protocol
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. If you're creative , self-motivated and enjoy having fun, then what are you waiting for apply today.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.