Nintendo Software Technology Corporation
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington , is a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of video games, Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games.
Description Of Duties
- Creates visual assets for digital entertainment products that meet required direction and quality specifications.
- Creates illustrations, 3D models, and textures for characters, environments, and objects.
- Creates animations for 3D and 2D assets.
- Creates visual assets for use in product user interface.
- May work with senior and art leads to help visualize and develop game designs.
- Supports the growth of new or enhanced art development tools and techniques.
- Utilizes and maintains proficient knowledge of required commercial and Nintendo proprietary art production tools.
- Guides less experienced members of the team.
- Applies professional expertise to review, analyze and test products under development as a contributing member of a production team to ensure delivery of Nintendo’s high standard of quality and timeliness.
Summary Of Requirements
- 2 or more years of traditional and/or digital art experience in game development.
- Proven artistic and technical skills in general 2D and 3D art production.
- Understanding of interactive entertainment methodologies, production pipelines, and Nintendo franchise art quality standards.
- Proven proficiency with commercial 2D/3D art production software (E.g. Photoshop, Maya, etc.) and current Nintendo proprietary 2D/3D art production tools.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or equivalent education and experience.