Senior Director, HR
Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission! Humans are fascinating, and can pose an amazing challenge.
The Senior Director of Human Resources will play a strong leadership role supporting business needs and fostering employee engagement. Evolving and scaling our people related strategies, processes, and practices and driving detailed execution is critical to our future success. Like many of our leaders, we are looking for a player/coach – somebody who is interested in providing hands-on value and expertise, as well as managing their team. This role will be based in San Francisco, and will lead a team of global HR business partners and will oversee Learning & Development. The role reports to the Chief People Officer. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead the HR Business Partner team globally. Coach, mentor, and develop the team to ensure ongoing high performance, and close collaboration with peer teams, in solving the complicated people challenges across the company.
- Proactively (and at times reactively) spot and address employee concerns in the workplace - either through effective and empathetic ER investigations, or by up-leveling our management via deft coaching and influence.
- Advise executive leaders and management on HR matters and be viewed as the subject matter expert on people and organizational change initiatives.
- Design, develop and implement programs and initiatives that strengthens our culture, nurtures our talent and enables us to achieve our goals.
- Drive strategies to develop managerial bench strength and succession planning.
- Build a learning and development function that aligns and supports the development of our people.
- Ensure ongoing assessment, enhancement, and alignment of all HR processes, policies, and practices.
- Ensure global continuity in terms of philosophy, culture and practices.
- Foster a diverse workplace which enables all employees to be exceptional and maximize their contribution.
- Identify areas of strategic and tactical improvements in HR processes, lead implementation of improvements with the team and enable cross-department collaboration.
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals.
- Be a role model for leadership and management excellence.
- 15+ years of broad-based human resources experience.
- Proven background and expertise as an HR leader while also having knowledge and experience in multiple HR specialties ( e.g. compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, employment law, HR systems ).
- Must be a strategic leader with ability to shepherd ideas to execution by developing solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems requiring an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Ability to exercise judgment and independently resolve and take appropriate action.
- Ability to build trust at all organizational levels and work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Prior management experience and passion for developing others.
- Intrinsic desire to roll-up your sleeves and get things done.
- You have experience in the software or games industry and/or an agile development environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.