Key Account Manager
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service Esports platform that creates, manages and monetizes white label competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class Esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce s-rank live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We are uniquely positioned as one of the fastest growing Esports creators in the world.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that gets fired up thinking about building something great alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who despises the status quo and pushes to do things faster and better because they find that sort of thing fun.
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Travel: None
- Reports To: Manager of Account Management
- Work Schedule: 9:00am-6:00pm, Occasional evenings
- Location: Burbank, CA
- Manage key accounts (as assigned)
- Establish strong client relationships
- Develop strategic account plans that build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with the accounts in order to meet strategic goals and optimize value in both companies
- Act as a consultant to the accounts by becoming a product and industry expert educating accounts on opportunities and strategies that will drive value and enable competitive advantages.
- Act to increase assigned account’s total booked revenue value year-over-year
- Develop innovative ideas through tools, ecosystem development, and marketing activations to drive value for the account and identify the support needed to enable the ideas to become a reality
- Identify and understand the accounts organizational priorities
- Understand the account’s organizational hierarchy and quickly be able to identify and map out both the decision makers and decision influencers
- Create account profiles detailing their business model, organizational structure, markets, goals, initiatives, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, decision makers, and competition
- Conduct recurring needs assessment through identifying pain points at the organizational, team and individual levels and develop solutions that provide value and promote collaboration
- Identify and build relationships with both the internal and external stakeholders of the account
- Create compelling and effective written plans, and proactively develop pitches and presentations with the product team
- Work with internal product teams to understand, improve, and iterate on client presentations
- Review account proposals, budgets, schedules, strategy and all other Esports proposal components
- Manage client budgets against client satisfaction and renewals
- Set a cadence for account contact and meetings
- Build and prepare recurring account reports and forecasts
- Define and monitor KPI and ROI performance metrics
- Conduct root cause analysis for opportunities lost and provide the company valuable market insight for evaluation and consideration
- Act as the liaison between the accounts and internal teams
- Act as the primary point of client escalation for assigned account’s complete production, marketing, creative, data and other project-related needs.
- Manage issues that might arise in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain high independence level for all business managed
- Work with a world-class team to help shape the future of online Esports entertainment
- Collaboratively work to align internal NGE stakeholders, creatives, production specialist, and subject matter experts to increase account satisfaction on projects
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and organizational empathy
- Fanatically deliver the best customer experiences possible
- Be highly collaborative and solutions-oriented, growth mindset, and able to adapt to and thrive in organizational change and rapid growth
- Work with project manager to understand the status of project - flagging and addressing issues around schedule, budget, time-tracking, invoicing and other details
- Understand diverse gaming communities and maintain deep knowledge of influencers, player-base, developer, and competitive ecosystem of assigned game IPs
- Possess significant background and work experience in Esports, competitive gaming, sports, or live entertainment broadcasts, ideally having executed in specific roles at a Esports publisher, Esports developer, Esports production company, Esports platform, or other Esports endemic company that involves frequent game publisher contacts
- Ideally, possess specialized experience in Esports industry categories or game genres and bring external relationships and value to table
- Other tasks as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Experience: 5 or more years in sales, account management, or business development experience, OR experience working directly with Esports publishers and developers
- Education: 4-6 years of Account Management experience.
- Passion for video games and interactive media
- Must have experience in Business Development and Account Management
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Experience managing multiple priorities in high-stress, time sensitive environments
- Experience with CRM software and account management systems
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Strong business acumen, financial literacy, and negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- The desire for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors’ instructions and to perform the tasks requested by supervisors. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company