(Closed) Growth Team Lead
Newzoo takes away barriers for the games business to grow. Driven by our purpose, we have become a trusted and truly global provider of games and esports data and analytics. We support some of the world’s largest entertainment, technology, and media companies in targeting their audience, optimizing their product development, tracking competitors, spotting strategic opportunities, and making big financial decisions. We have recently scaled up to 90 people, working from our offices in Amsterdam, San Francisco and Shanghai, and plan to bring an array of new products and services to market. We operate three complementary businesses: consumer insights, consulting and our own proprietary DaaS (Data as a Service) platform, which brings together all our data, models and landmark reports in a single online destination.
We are looking for an experienced growth marketer with leadership experience to lead our growth team, helping to define and develop a growth culture within Newzoo. You will be responsible for optimizing the funnel of our proprietary DaaS platform, from customer acquisition to retention and referral. You will lead the day-to-day operations of our newly established growth team, coordinating the planning and execution of data-driven experiments and will also act as the growth marketer within this cross-functional team. You will report to the Marketing Director and will also work closely with the Head of Product Development to define key objectives and goals for the growth team.
You will lead, motivate, and mentor the growth team and ensure alignment toward achieving the team’s goals. Your experience, knowledge, and passion for growth will allow you to inspire and challenge everyone you work with.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the newly established cross-functional growth team, and take on the role of growth marketer within the team
- Take the lead in developing growth experiment plans and setting priorities and targets for the team
- Plan, execute, and measure growth experiments and report on the results
- Build and own the A/B testing processes, infrastructure, strategies for growth of the Newzoo Platform
- Develop a deep understanding of AAARRR funnel and improving each funnel by iterating growth experiments.
- Perform ongoing user research, identify trends, discover customer insights and opportunities to deliver delightful customized experiences
- Manage conversion rate optimization initiatives related to the Newzoo platform; across our website and the platform itself
- Collaborate and align with Marketing, Engineering, Design, Product, Customer Support, and Sales
- Work closely with the Heads of the Product & Marketing teams to set priorities and evaluate results and impact
- Understand the competitive landscape, to ensure we're on top of the latest patterns that work in other products.
- T-shaped marketing professional with 7+ years of experience and a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a growth team
- A SaaS background or similar is a must have. A passion for gaming and experience with marketing a data solution are big pluses!
- Data-driven and experimentation mindset, constantly driving new ideas to test and questioning how we can perform better
- Proven track record running A/B tests, understanding customer needs, launching successful features, communicating results, and collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Adept at tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, Hotjar, Intercom, and covert.com
- Skilled in multiple Acquisition channels
- You work (or worked) with the AARRR funnel and know how to approach and identify leaks.
- You have experience working at a start-up or scale-up or you're just sure you have the start-up mindset that is needed
- You collaborate well with teams across different disciplines and are a great communicator
- Ability to move quickly and make appropriate trade-offs based on data analysis and qualitative feedback from users, team, market, stakeholders
- Understanding of user psychology to formulate strong hypotheses for growth
- A/B testing and high-velocity experimentation experience
- A "builder," capable to design & launch processes from scratch and then scale
- You learn and grow quickly, especially in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment