Senior Gameplay Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Reporting to the Gameplay Technical Director, you are a gameplay 3C specialist who focuses on the look and feel of the games mechanics. Working closely with designers and animators, you will contribute to the development of multiple features that bring the main character to life, such as camera, controls, animation systems and physics.
What the Senior Gameplay Programmer will do at Motive:
- Implement gameplay systems through collaboration with other software developers, game designers, visual artists, and audio engineers
- Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that further the game’s artistic and design vision
- Mentor other developers on the gameplay team and participate in design and code reviews
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
Who You Are:
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional C/C++ experience
- Experience developing gameplay systems on AAA games with at least one shipped title
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Experience of working with animation and physics systems to deliver gameplay features
- Passion for both developing and playing games
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.