Miniclip.com is looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer to hire in our Lisbon (PT) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Portugal.
- Your primary responsibilities will focus primarily on web solutions and will be done around:
- Working in tight cooperation with teams across the group to develop a new technological stack for internal use
- Developing shareable components among the team and potentially across group teams
- Developing and maintaining solutions that integrates with our various gaming platforms
- Practicing engineering best practices in your day-to-day work
- Creating and enforcing a culture of quality-driven development in your everyday work
You will be working with a variety of members of the company, including web, mobile, game application developers, marketing, promotions, art, and business intelligence. You may be required to travel abroad for training purposes and to work with other members of the Miniclip group during your employment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who enjoys working in a team and is passionate about his/her work. The ideal candidate should be skilled in the following:
- Experience in development ofreusable components is a strong plus
- Docker, Docker Compose
- OpenAPI specifications
- Domain-driven development
- Very comfortable with git and git workflow
- MySQL or other RDBMS
- AWS services, such as ECS, Fargate, Cloudformation, Aurora, DynamoDB
- Comfortable with CI/CD tools, namely Jenkins, Bamboo
- A reasonable amount of time or proven expertise working with the above technologies is expected from you.
We also expect from you proactiveness and accountability, strong communication skills, commitment and desire to go through from start to end in your developed projects. You will be an essential pillar in building and maintaining a culture of excellence in your work, at all levels.
The following skills are desirable but not essential, by order of importance
- Knowledge or experience working with advertising networks
- REST APIs / OAuth experience
- Unix compliant system experience (such as CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Caching solutions such as Varnish, Memcache and Redis
- Web server configuration experience (Nginx or Apache)
- Composer or software package management systems
- Knowledge of Erlang or other functional programming languages
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Slim (PHP) or cowboy (erlang)
- Knowledge of websockets
- Knowledge of Consul or similar configuration systems
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We do regular events, some of them are company-wide and abroad! We like to embrace foreign cultures so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball PoolTM, Golf BattleTM, Football StrikeTM and Agar.ioTM have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past 2 years, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Headball2), Eight Pixel Square (Sniper Strike), and Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter) to the Miniclip family of companies.