Miniclip is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Artist specialized in 2D to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio.
This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Italy.
Completion of a technical challenge will be required during the recruitment process.
Your work will include:
- Produce artwork to support our games and products.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
- Display knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation.
- Create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into our games.
- Adopt different graphic styles depending on the project or task
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline.
- Work closely with art lead, game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions.
Skills & Experience:
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys team working and is passionate and dedicated to his/her work. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or similar.
- Comprehensive portfolio proving artistic skills
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing business needs.
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, with experience in graphic design, digital art and concept art.
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines.
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus.
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly.
- Bonus if you have good knowledge of After Effects or Spine for animations.
- Fluent in English
Please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team and a link to a portfolio should be included in your application. The following portfolio examples are favorable:
- Examples of UI for various platforms
- Graphic Effects
- Logo Design
Additional Information for Italy:
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genova. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.