2D/3D Marketing Designer
You will be part of the Performance Marketing Art department, which focuses on developing performance driven creatives, for paid marketing, App Store, viral/influencer/social content.
In our team, you will work on User Acquisition videos focused on such concepts as gameplay trailers, influencer-driven content trailers etc. You will also work on ASO assets, for our new and existing games. These assets can be store icons, screenshots or trailer videos. Also, you will work on some Go-to-Market campaigns of game launches and relaunches and seasonal events.
These creatives serve the purpose of not only showcasing our games, but also enticing the player to download our games and keep playing them.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding and experience of graphic/communication design, video, 3D and motion graphics capabilities for game promotionals, more specifically, mobile games. Also, experience in creating mobile store assets like icons and screenshots, is highly valued. You should be able to produce exceptionally polished 3D and 2D assets that can compose meaningful images that define entire marketing campaigns. Also expected are dynamic, creative high quality 2D and 3D videos showcasing gameplay and enticing users to play and enjoy our games. Experience in UA creatives is highly valued. You should be able to convert information from various sources to design solutions, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
What will be expected :
While working in the Performance Marketing Art team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the rest of the Marketing and Product Teams to be able to design brand identities for new game launches, refresh the designs for established games, work on seasonal campaigns, conceptualizing strong and meaningful creatives;
- Work with the User Acquisition team, to assess creative results and develop new revisions and concepts based on performance marketing data;
- Be able to explore, experiment and adapt to different art styles, as you will work on different game genres from our portfolio;
- Work with UA and Product teams to be able to test and research different possible routes for game brands, grounding the designs in a more objective performance driven result;
- Stay on top of trends and best practices on marketing art assets, such as ASO materials or UA creatives for several channels like Facebook, Snapchat or TikTok;
- Use your experience and creativity to explore concepts outside the box for several campaigns, following the briefs at first, but also adding your valuable input;
- Be able to create consistent high polished work, both 2d and 3d for all creatives required;
- Produce out of the box creatives, that can be tested in the market and apply its findings accordingly;
- Come up with creative solutions and adapt to possible changes on scope and deadlines of projects;
- Help to manage game projects, being responsible for its art consistency, asset organisation and creative performance analysis;
- Present elegant, modern and slick design layouts for promotional creatives;
- Open to receive feedback, both on artistic work and professional attitude, with the mindset of improvement and professional growth;
- Have a high level of autonomy;
- Work well as part of a team;
- Be a role model and mentor other artists;
Skills and experience:
The relevant candidate will ideally have the following capabilities :
- 3+ years of professional experience in 2D/ 3D graphic design/ digital art (mobile games preferred);
- Advanced experience in 3D: modeling, texturization, materials, light, camera, animation and render. 3dsMax preferred;
- Advanced experience in Motion graphics, After Effects preferred;
- Advanced experience in video editing. After effects and Premiere preferred;
- Exceptional understanding of the fundamental graphic design principles (typography, shapes, layout, grid, hierarchy, color, animation, composition, brand);
- Illustrative ability and iconography - both freehand and technical 2D vector art skill sets;
- Comfortability in developing quick sketched concepts;
- Experience in marketing art;
- Experience working in marketing agency or mobile game industry;
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Adobe software like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced Skill in digital illustration;
- Experience in Blender;
- Knowledge of sound and music editing;
- Knowledge of ASO work;
- Experience working on promotional campaigns;
- Basic understanding of current mobile game trends.
Please send a CV and Portfolio, demonstrating in a clear way, all aspects of your skill. (Sending just the CV alone, will not be accepted).
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon or London with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks, snacks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, sport activities, as mental health activities, local discount packs, language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
About the company:
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip has been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.