Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Modeler II - Artist
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks. Working with each other. Daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
The Sims 4 has a very unique player base with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
Maxis is looking for you to be a part of the creative team working on The Sims 4. We ask that you are motivated and can work well with a cross-disciplinary group.
The Sims 4 is looking to fill a role for Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to improve a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler, you are comfortable working within a technical pipeline with Animators and Engineers. You can run with a task with little oversight but are able to receive feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report to one of the Maxis Development Directors within the studio.
- Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
- Model and texture high quality modeling assets.
- Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
- Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
- Create documentation and communicate requirements
- Deliver to quality while maintaining desired schedules
- Minimum of 5 years of production experience as an Object Modeler.
- At least one shipped title in the role of Modeling or equivalent on PC or major console
- Strongly proficient in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, surface properties.
- Knowledge of character setup and rigging.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
- Good use of light and shadow.
- Proficiency in hand painted textures.
- An understanding of optimization for game engines.
- Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
- Passion for making and playing games.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Unreal Engine and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.