Senior Technical Artist
MachineGames is looking for a seasoned Technical Artist to join our team. You will be a part of a creative team striving to deliver the best Art possible for our upcoming AAA-titles.
In this position you will be reporting directly to our Lead Artist.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of the capital Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, and Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance
- We practice an open door policy
- We deliver what we promise
- We give constructive and actionable feedback
- We practice ownership and accountability
- We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Implement, support, and maintain plugins and tools for Substance, Maya, Modo, Houdini, Motion Builder, and any other DCC products deployed by the studio.
- Analyze game performance and memory using various engine, 3rd party, and internal tools.
- Help define in-game asset budgets and support the art team in optimizing levels, meshes, materials, lighting, post-processes and VFX based on these restrictions.
- Ensure environments will run at expected frame rates, fit within memory and disk foot print.
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Write and maintain tools, workflow, and pipeline documentation.
- Work with artists to identify workflows for the procedural creation of large-scale environments and assets. Where possible investigate and support the development of these tools alongside other member of the engine team.
- Expert understanding of physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Excellent problem-solving and technical debugging ability.
- Experience with scripting languages (like Python, Mel)
- Experience with C# or C++
- Good familiarity with DCC applications. (Modo, Maya, Max, Blender)
- Deep understanding of runtime performance and how to scale visuals for different platforms.
- At least two full production cycles on AAA games.
Soft Skills and Capabilities
- Exhibits a high level of skill within their area of expertise as well as explore new trends and ideas in their area and applies them to work.
- Is an independent member of the team who needs little supervision from their supervisor.
- Is expected to lead by example and tutor less experienced co-workers within the applicable discipline and can take on the buddy role. Actively sharing his or her experience and knowledge with other team members.
- Continuously look for ways to improving processes and achieve results. Isn’t satisfied with the status quo. Comes up with solutions to problems or challenges.
- Exhibits a high level om communication skills, both by listening and sharing information. Able to provide constructive feedback to individuals and teams. Takes initiatives to collaborate cross functionally.
- Actively sharing their experience and knowledge with other team members. As well as contributing to the team’s development (for example input in meetings etcetera)
- Keeps the studio’s greater goals in mind, supporting decisions taken by senior management. Is aware that one must sometimes put one’s own opinions aside for the greater goals of the studios and team cohesion.
- Act according to the Studio values.
- Deliver high quality output (based on their level) within their Job Description.
- Appreciate and respect established office core hours and company policies.