Associate Live Operations Manager, Sales
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As an Associate Live Operations Manager, Sales you will play a crucial role in driving engagement through optimizing KPIs that align with MZ’s monetization and revenue goals.
You will be responsible for designing and executing live, in app sales to immerse our players in our games through gameplay, progression, and engagement. You will be making real-time decisions that directly influence the economic health of the game and impact the revenue of MZ.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in designing in app live sales and pricing, extensive knowledge of mobile games, exceptional creativity, detail-oriented, and ability to make effective decisions when pivoting.
We’re looking for talented candidates who are excited to be challenged in a fast paced environment and who can share the passion of designing fun and creative in app sales.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, strategize, execute sales within games based on data to drive engagement and monetization
- Collaborate with the Game Design and other cross-functional teams to ensure engaging new content and events are delivered to the highest quality
- Design, implement, and evaluate experiments to test hypothesis around live events to improve engagement, retention, and monetization across all MZ Games
- Drive engagement through the analysis of the in-game economy and other data metrics via reporting tools
- Track and measure events performance in relation to sales, features, tests, and results in order to evaluate performance of new events, features and game content
- Collaborate with the Sales team to support success of in-game sales
- Create solutions to maintain high retention and playtime time of users
Your background and who you are:
- BA/BS or higher in Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Business, Finance, Statistics, Merchandising or related field
- 3+ years experience in analytical or product centric role analyzing large datasets focused
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make data driven decisions
- 2+ years working with intricate admin or CMS tools with management of deploying live content
- Ability to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Demonstrable event creations skills (individual, group, community events)
- Strong team player and ability to influence up and across the organization
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical and data driven environment
- Familiar with and passionate about analyzing user behavior on consumer mobile applications
- Proficient with SQL, Hive, or other querying language
- Expert with Excel preferred
- A passion and eagerness for playing and creating exciting games
- Experience in games; MMOs, free-to-play, social games, casino games, or mobile games
- Experience in monetization and retention analytics in social media, e-commerce or consumer products
- Strong background in statistics and mathematics
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.