Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We are seeking a Producer to lead our growing client-facing team of developers. Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with a record of bringing products to global success and who is eager to join us to elevate medical games at a genre-defining level. Working cross-company, the Producer will coordinate feature and content deliveries on current and future projects.
What You’ll Do
- Lead individual products - work use cases with the client, lead how the team converts goals to results, and drive internal resources in delivering clearly prioritized work.
- Partner with Leadership to review project progress and balance inbound change requests.
- Coordinate with business development and product management to quickly deliver pre-production documentation for customer proposals.
- Drive teams of engineers, designers, artists, medical researchers, and others through full development cycles.
- Collaborate with marketing, business development, operations, client solutions, QA, and other departments.
- Mitigate risks and work solutions, keeping the team appraised of changes through clear communication.
- Develop long term project plans & work to maintain ‘on track’ and ‘on budget’ status.
- Lead sprints, evaluate burn downs, ensure traction on sprint over sprint project objectives.
- Own tracking tools and reports (JIRA/Confluence) and be open to using the right tools at the right time.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in game production or consumer software project management. Ideally, you are credited as a Producer on multiple-first mobile games/applications.
- Flexibility in handling ambiguity, excellent at guiding global expectations, and firm in adherence to scope and timelines.
- Lengthy experience running Agile development practices (including Kanban).
- A ‘problem solver’ demeanor - adaptable plans, efficient evangelization with internal and external partners.
- Appreciation for data - analytics driven and know where to measure and how to apply relevant data metrics.
- Care about being excellent at your craft, helping others to succeed, and lead by example to set the standard on what it means to be an industry defining leader.
- Able to efficiently work remotely, collaborating and sharing virtually with team members across the U.S.
Bonus Points For
- An authority at the Atlassian suite, able to optimize and upgrade the group on JIRA and Confluence in your sleep.
- Significant experience working with clients as a game developer or within an agency environment.
- Skill at leading efforts through difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large.
- College Degree or equivalent production experience.
- Experience with outsourcing and remote development.
- Medical Profession-based application development.
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums.
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match.
- 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays.
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire.
- Dental, vision and optional pet insurance.
- Pre-tax flex spending for healthcare.
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home.
- Remote after-hours team events, like board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, etc.
- DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours.
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer in the office.
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.