Head of Free to Play Games
Kwalee is a leading independent game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to 700 million downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Head of Free to Play Games you’ll own and manage a dedicated team of F2P experts and the process for F2P casual games from testing through to launch and live ops.
You can either work REMOTELY or in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
“I guide our amazing games from conception to completion and beyond, into the lives of millions of people worldwide”
What you will really be doing
- Manage the process of F2P / Casual games for both internal and 3rd party games
- Managing games from the testing phase to post launch period and live ops
- Build and manage a team of F2P expert designers, product managers and analysts
- Ensuring games meet a high standard of quality, playability and commercial success
- Successfully launching games across a variety of platforms and devices
- Establish, build and maintain positive, productive working relationships with all internal teams and departments, as well as external developers, partners and other stakeholders
- Collation and analysis of data to support decision making in the development, launch and marketing process
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Several years of experience working with successful casual / free to play mobile games in a management capacity
- Expert on casual / free to play mobile games, and what makes them successful
- A wide range of experience across the mobile game development process
- Experience of successfully launching games to market
- A track record of managing games from creation through to launch and beyond.
- Experience of running live ops on free to play games
- Analytical mindset with experience of using data analysis to inform decisions
- Experience working with diverse internal and external teams
- You can either work in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by an amazing team or a combination of remote work from home and office.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make our own games every Wednesday)
- Access to an on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.