Game Systems Programmer
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Games Systems Programmer within the Tools and Tech Department, you will be writing Core code which is the foundation to all our games plus writing tools and software to optimise and automate our processes.
You'll be part of a development team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
“I create tools and infrastructure for our games and software projects”
What you will really be doing
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code
- Writing Core Systems used by all games
- Working with scripting languages
- Working closely with third party SDKs
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
- Contributing towards ideas for tools and helping to grow the department.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in development with C#.
- Experience with Unity.
- Unity Editor Tools experience
- Experience with scripting languages
- Android / iOS experience would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.