Product Manager - Compute Platform and Observability
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join the Core- Platform organisation to shape the future of our Compute Platform where King teams build, monitor, grow and monetize some of the most popular mobile games in the world such as Candy Crush Saga. The platform contains technology and tooling for managing provisioning compute resources, releasing, monitoring and operating software built by technology teams in King.
Our Compute Platform aims to provide competitive advantages that allow all technology teams in King to conveniently run game backends, data applications, operational tooling and services. Our aim is to simplify running software reliably so that these teams can focus more on improving business value and player experience.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a member of the Core Platform Organisation, you will play an important role in ensuring that our teams are providing the right products which meet the needs of the developers running software on our platform towards our vision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Continuously collaborating with our users to discover underserved needs
- Helping the teams with understanding and prioritising the most important needs
- Working side by side with the Product Director to formulate, validate and update the product strategy
- Defining, tracking and acting on product performance metrics
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to align initiatives across the organization
- Managing and prioritising the product backlog that provides guidance to the team
- Integrating product discovery and rapid learning to the team's way of working
Skills to create thrills
- At least 2 years experience working as Product Manager/Owner or a similar role in an agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development best practices
- Good understanding of Lean Product Management, Design Thinking and Lean UX practices
- Ability to create agreements across different teams and stakeholders with good communication skills
- Passion for building products that people love to use
- Experience working with products that have developers as customers.
- Experience with software platform products
- Experience with service/api based products
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach or similar
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.