Java Backend Developer (12mth FTC)
We are open for this role to be based from one of our sweet offices in either:
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
We are looking for Java Backend Developers that will take pride in creating the very best bite sized entertainment for millions of players worldwide.
Your role within our Kingdom
The Telemetry and Streaming engineering team is responsible for building complex, high- scale, real- time systems. We are looking for a senior developer with strong practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
You will among other things:
- Take responsibility for the quality of what the team creates, helping to establish good practices.
- Weight in on technical decisions, facilitating decision making and contributing to the department technology.
- Help the team grow, both in number, supporting the hiring process, and personally, mentoring team members into clean code and quality approach.
- Design, architect and help implement features required to have healthy tools
- Deliver code and supporting documentation of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
- Work with skilled colleagues that are committed to delivering the best products possible
- Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
- Ensure our systems perform, and are reliable, scalable and secure.
Skills to create thrills
In our opinion, programming experience and dedication for quality technology as well as the willingness to share great ideas are equally valued. Are you passionate? Are you a creative teammate?
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has strong Computer Science fundamentals, Design Patterns and Object Oriented knowledge
- Is fluent in modern Java, experienced in databases and web development in general.
- Is proficient in web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- Writes high- quality, maintainable code, cares about it and is willing to further improve their practices
- Can get up to speed on new codebases quickly
- Is a great teammate, has good communication skills and can easily work with new people
- Is used to shell scripting and UNIX environments.
- Is an engineer and not scared of SOLID, TDD or other acronyms.
- Is a great teammate who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Strives to be a genius in their area of expertise.
- Used to TDD
- Knowledge of GCP
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.