Senior Build Engineer - Eternal Games
We are looking for a curious and super- talented Build Engineer to discover new and exciting means to continue our roaring success.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Build Engineer, you will be responsible for extending and maintaining the games build, CI and automation infrastructure, for both game teams and internal use of the Studio. You will work in a highly performing team with a strong vision on delighting our game teams with technology that improves their productivity. There will be plenty of space and opportunities to learn new technologies and as we are continuously improving our ways of working, you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common infrastructure.
We need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As taking the role of build systems, continuous integration and rapid deployment, your work will be the foundation we build our games with. In addition, you will be helping the team to innovate in their process and tooling to improve the deployment of the game and constant updates to our players of our live titles.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. Our main platforms are iOS, Android and HTML5 with development done on Windows, OSX and Linux. The teams work with a Lean development methodology, and we value our fast-paced environment and flexible approach.
Skills to create thrills
- This is a list of skills we would expect you to meet to be able to do the day-to-day tasks of the role:
- Experience building C++ for Android and iOS, and knowledge of its toolchain and key signing processes as well as release and deploy to store process
- Experience in building Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipelines
- A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve our internal build and CI/CD stack, and take them far beyond
- Passion to complement our ecosystem with new innovations, tools and services that improve our ways of working and makes us more successful
- A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, versioning and build systems
- A willingness to help our developer’s community and be the first line of defense of our infrastructure. Serving and helping others is key to succeed in this role.
- Passionate about delivering quality code.
- This is a list of skills we would value very positively for you to have. However, we welcome you anyway, as this role would bring you the opportunities to become an expert on them, if you were not yet.
- Experience using our current build technologies is valuable - CMake and Gradle to compile projects
- Experience in scripting languages - Python and Groovy preferred
- Knowledge in Docker, Google Cloud, Kubernetes as well as VM’s and O.S. capabilities are welcomed
- Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Application needs to be in English.