Associate Project Manager - Central Development Services (1 Year Contract)
As part of Kabam’s Development team, the Associate Project Manager is a key part of project management for our central teams within the company. This is a great role for someone looking to start their journey into project management in the video game industry and will provide opportunities to learn and grow while being mentored by seasoned games’ industry leaders.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborating with teams to gather estimates for owned areas (such as game features) and ensuring these are integrated into overall project plans
- Monitoring KPIs for owned areas and identifying possible actions to improve said KPIs
- Supporting Development Directors to identify project risks while evaluating, mitigating, and
- Interfacing with team members in owned areas to ensure everyone is focused on the right goals, with guidance from senior leaders
- Tracks day-to-day tasks in owned areas and proactively raises potential issues to senior staff
- Relies on a knowledge of business drivers to help focus work within owned areas.
In order to be successful, we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in a project management role, or similar role within the high-tech or video game industry
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as Game Design, Project Management, or Software Engineering
- Knowledge of video game development best practices, specifically around project management, is considered an asset
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner with staff at all levels of the organization. Ability to participate in discussions and provide constructive feedback and opinions
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet applications (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Experience with project management applications (Jira, Hansoft, etc.)
- Ability to work with, analyze and visualize data
- Experience in Agile or Lean would be an asset
- PMP certification or CAPM would be preferred
In addition, it would be nice to have:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others within feature/stakeholder groups
- Contributes to a positive team culture and promotes great studio culture at Kabam
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.