Senior Software Engineer
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
Jam City is searching for the best and brightest Senior Software Engineer in Carlsbad. We're looking for a talented engineer with a passion for interactive entertainment and games.
- Working with the design team to create gameplay that creates fun and interesting levels.
- Substantial day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization and general troubleshooting.
- Participating with other engineers to help plan plan the company's long-term engineering roadmap and helping identify areas of improvement.
- 5-7+ years programming experience.
- Expert level experience with Unity in C#.
- A history of developing software architecture and shipping commercially successful products in Unity.
- Demonstrated expertise in several of the following specialties: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization, analytics.
- Demonstrated programming experience in more than one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, consoles, PC or browser based games.
- Demonstrated command of applicable programming languages and a thorough knowledge of software design practices including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, extensibility and testability.
- Demonstrated fluency in at least two of the following: C++, C#, Java, Objective-C, ActionScript 3, major scripting languages.
- Proven expertise in producing high-performance products, with special focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability quickly diagnose potential flaws in a system while suggesting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to use software best-practices to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Strong skills in terms of identifying and articulating goals and risks to managementTeam player with strong influencing skills.
- Proven track record of success as it relates to the full lifecycle of product development, launch and LIVE support.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with git, svn, p4 or other VCS.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.