Senior Narrative Designer
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
*Only applies to full-time positions.
LEAD NARRATIVE DESIGNER
We are looking for an experienced Senior Narrative Designer to bring their expert writing and game design skills to our new mobile game Vineyard Valley. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with top industry talent across departments and take ownership in the narrative process from initial concept to final product. If you’re a storytelling specialist with game design chops looking for a role that offers creative challenges and the potential to level up your leadership responsibilities, we want to hear from you.
*Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a Vineyard Valley Narrative Design/Writing test.
*Position will start as a 3-Month Contract to Hire.
- Drive and communicate the game’s narrative vision verbally and in writing, across internal departments and with external brand partners.
- Proactively contribute in the Writers’ Room and interdepartmental brainstorming sessions.
- Design engaging quest structures that balance puzzle levels, renovation (decoration), and story.
- Integrate inventive storytelling and dialogue with design at an advanced level to maximize both creative and monetization objectives.
- Structure/Write story outlines, character-driven dialogue, and ancillary copy within tight deadlines.
- Collaborate directly with Product, Design, Production, Art, and Animation Leads to coordinate all facets of Narrative with F2P mobile business goals.
- Innovate with high accuracy across multiple iterations, addressing feedback, incorporating notes, and executing revisions from internal teams and external partners.
- 5+ years Narrative Design and Game Writing experience, or equivalent.
- General knowledge of F2P mobile game design pipelines and current market trends.
- Leadership experience in small team settings.
- Experience designing nonlinear quest structures and modular content.
- Experience with character development and crafting dialogue for large casts.
- Ability to efficiently multitask without compromising creative quality.
- Ability to self-prioritize in a rapidly changing creative environment.
- Exceptional proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working on a cooking or interior design title, or puzzle-builder.
- Unity experience and familiarity with markup languages.
- Serialized storytelling and screenwriting experience.
- Live Ops experience.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.