As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation*
- Employer Paid Benefits*
- Parental leave and Kin care*
- RRSP Matching*
- In office lunch and snacks
- Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
- Fitness Allowance, Training Allowance, Phone Allowance & More!*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a passionate and accomplished Lead Game Designer to join our Toronto studio. You will lead a team of talented Game Designers, mentor them to success, and drive ideas from conception to fruition. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talents in a highly profitable mobile game development studio with an array of perks and respect for employee quality of life and personal time.
- As a lead and experienced colleague, you will be empowered to make the right design decisions for the users of our mobile games using live data, customer feedback, and experience.
- Develop systems that can be reused, iterated upon, and altered in a live operations environment.
- Transform data-driven ideas into detailed and well-thought-out designs, clearly communicated with high-quality documentation, wireframes, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Lead your design team to define the creative specifications so that developers can implement them and that you can make alterations to the idea to improve them later.
- Set daily work assignments for your team of designers, leading them toward the achievement of its defined objectives.
- Participate in regular, hands-on interaction with producers and software engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
- Synthesize key performance indicators, user testing, and internal feedback to recommend design solutions and modify the game mechanics accordingly.
- Work directly with engineers, artists, and product managers throughout the lifecycle of owned features to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Stay current with and deconstruct game design trends, patterns, and consumer preferences.
- Be a team player - we are a collaborative, supportive, results-focused, ego-free group.
- 5+ years of experience in mobile free-to-play game design.
- 2+ years of experience in a Lead or Manager capacity.
- Expert specs, wireframes, flows, and feature documentation for a live game.
- Expert systems design and game tuning for free-to-play games.
- Expert knowledge of virtual goods and game monetization concepts.
- Expert economic modeling and balance skills.
- Expert knowledge of the free-to-play market, and it's past and current trends.
- Ability to work as part of a large, fast-paced team in sprints.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the design team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with both original and IP game development.
- Previous design experience on a top 100 grossing game.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience mentoring or managing other designers.
- Expert level experience with tools like JIRA, and Google Docs/Sheet/Slides.
- Prototyping/scripting experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.