Director, Central Product Management
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
- Dog Friendly
The Director of Product Management will lead/manage a team of central PMs and will partner across game teams and game product leads to improve product capabilities, focusing primarily on feature ideation and development.
This individual will work closely with product, production, and design teams to drive product vision, business strategy, and feature requirements. The Director of PM will also produce product insights and detailed feature teardowns that inform game teams and senior executives, which will help shape product roadmaps and feature development across game teams.
- Manage a team of Central PMs to help with cross company knowledge sharing and establishing best practices for LiveOps, Economy Management, Monetization, and Product
- Collaborate with game teams to help define product vision and strategy based on deep understanding of game design and engagement/monetization mechanics
- Partner closely with production and design teams to conceptualize, spec, and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems and modalities of play
- Tear down innovative product features across competitor titles to inform game teams and senior executive of current product trends; be the product ‘eyes and ears’ of the organization
- Lead central product initiatives that influence product design across game teams; lead product initiatives through rigorous analysis, expert communication, and influence
- Analyze game metrics (acquisition, retention, engagement, monetization, virality) and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements
- Partner effectively across marketing, consumer insights, and other core functions to drive value for game teams and senior executives.
- 5+ years of experience in mobile gaming, top-tier consulting, tech product management, or similar functions (experience managing a team preferred)
- Strong passion for video games
- Self-starter; internally motivated to solve problems through combination of critical thinking and creativity
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines and influence effectively
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters in Excel
- Excellent data analysis & SQL skills required
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Performance-driven self-starter and team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science and/or Engineering or MBA
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.