Associate Product Manager
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We need a sharp and disciplined Associate Product Manager who has a passion for mobile gaming and the pursuit of understanding what makes them successful. Get into the head of our players -- become the authority in the psychology of users and gameplay! Your technical expertise, visionary product insight and extensive leadership and business skills are exactly what we’re looking for!
- Take ownership of the player-facing live operations for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery and support the Product Manager in owning the development of core features.
- Aggressively monitor and drive improvements to KPIs and help manage the release of new features, content, and events.
- Building reports, dashboards and data visualizations that are used everyday by team leads and executives.
- Brainstorm hypotheses, develop experiments and analyze data to improve all stages of the product release cycle.
- Research and understand user engagement through a wide variety of methodologies (data analysis, focus testing, competitive research, etc) and translate that into actionable product plans (game-specific events, improving overall user satisfaction, etc.).
- Guiding teams (engineering, design, creative, etc) so that they successfully attain each development stage.
- Pitch innovative features and concepts that are designed to improve customer acquisition, engagement, and/or monetization.
- Demonstrable contributions to a live user-facing product previously.
- A strong desire to answer questions that can drive actionable decisions.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills. Emphasis on actionable data-driven decision making.
- Strong organizational skills with experience meeting strict deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to work as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Strong understanding of SQL or Redshift and proficiency in data visualization (Experience with Tableau preferred).
- Strong attention to detail and proven analytical skills.
- An appetite to learn, grow, and take on increasingly more responsibility.
NICE TO HAVE
- Can graphically create wire-frames and provide interface direction to the UI team.
- Knowledge of mobile industry, relevant KPIs, and technology -- understanding its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
- Experience working and collaborating with third party partners.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.