(Closed) Integration Technician (Temporary)
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision.
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a Integration Technician (Temporary). This person’s primary focus will be to manage large scale code and asset integrations across multiple branches, help handle conflict resolution, and shepherd our builds through QA to ensure the content creator teams are operating smoothly. Additionally, through your experience you will bring ideas and process improvements to the table to help improve our efficiency over time. This is a position that straddles the line between entry level production and engineering roles.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design test plans for QA consumption
- Create and automate test cases
- Run regression tests
- Interface with development teams to anticipate potentially problematic commits
- Manage code and asset integrations across multiple branches
- Resolve integration conflicts alone or in coordination with software engineers
- Design and create scripts, tools, and other automation to improve efficiency and optimize QA time
- Communicate with production, QA, and leadership teams on build status and known issues
- Respond to custom build requests and needs coming from production
- 2+ years of game industry related experience
- Basic working knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages
- Previous experience with automated software test tools and scripting
- Systems integration, verification and validation experience
- Familiarity with the entire game development life cycle
- Extensive experience with discrepancy reporting systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to prepare and present reports, both written and oral
- Familiarity with code database, and custom build tool sets
- CS degree or equivalent
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.