Engineering Manager - Partner Engineering
Engineering Manager - Partner Engineering
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Your mission is to build, lead and grow a world class partner engineering team for Improbable Defence.
Partner engineering is responsible for enabling and supporting the successful delivery of outsourced requirements across partners and internal stakeholders: ensuring technical requirements are properly defined; dependencies and risks identified and addressed; development workflows and collaboration processes supportive; and enable the development of tools and services for successful partner integration. We ensure partners repeatedly deliver the right thing, at the right time, at the right quality and with minimal risk. The team is absolutely critical to successfully delivering our solutions.
Our customers have a choice, and we want to enable that on the Improbable platform. Our role involves working with best in class content providers from areas such as military simulation, data providers and geospatial information to ensure that third party content works seamlessly for our users. Partner engineers work closely with partners to enable that choice, keeping the user requirements at the forefront of everything we do.
Areas for Impact
- You will run the day to day operations of the Partner Engineering team, including line management and task allocation.
- Growing and developing a team of successful engineers through collaborative development planning, coaching, and empowerment through strategic goals.
- You will engage directly with partners, working alongside our commercial teams to evaluate opportunities that best suit our needs and those of our customers.
- Collaboration with other EMs and Senior SWEs/Principals to determine the strategic direction and long-term viability of your software architecture, both from a business and technology standpoint.
- You will understand the business drivers, functionality requirements, architecture, and technologies behind the products and systems you own and provide context and visibility into the reasoning behind decisions whilst empowering your engineers to independently execute.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- You have solid experience managing and growing engineering teams while building complex modern software, with experience in cloud environments and deployment.
- You have experience leading a customer-focused engineering team, with an understanding of delivering engineering work to contractual requirements.
- You will be a great communicator, with the ability to engage with partners, develop successful working relationships and manage stakeholders effectively.
- From your time as a hands on engineer, you will have gained experience within cloud deployment projects, with solid technical knowledge ideally across AWS (or other cloud platforms) and Kubernetes. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty when required with these technologies. Please note that you will be required to obtain UK national security clearance in the future for this role.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.