Communications Lead, Defence
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
Working as part of a global Marketing and Commercial operation, Communications’ mission is to develop a deep understanding of the compelling benefits of Improbable’s technology and the transformational benefits it offers, and to communicate those benefits clearly to relevant audiences as part of an integrated communications and marketing strategy. To protect and expand Improbable’s reputation as an innovator and leader in the fields of multiplayer games and defence through communications, public relations, events and every other channel, both leading and contributing to a multi-channel, world-class marketing function.
You will work with the Defence team and larger Marketing team within Improbable to develop communications strategies relating to Improbable defence presence in media, at events and in other public/owned channels, and take responsibility for implementing them, managing internal and external resources.
Areas of impact
- Working within the Improbable Communications team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the key messages relevant to Improbable’s defence audience are clear, resonant and prominent in our key markets and among or key audiences
- You will work with the Defence team and larger Marketing team within Improbable to develop communications strategies relating to Improbable defence presence in media, at events and in other public/owned channels, and take responsibility for implementing them, managing internal and external resources
- You will also be aware of the larger needs of Improbable in the space of government relationships and public affairs, and be able to drive activity that highlights Improbable’s status as a leading innovator in the often disparate fields of digital entertainment and defence
- You will create, advocate for and be responsible for delivery of communications approaches including: Media relations
- influencer activity through leadership and content
- First and third-party events and public speaking
- Executive profiling
- Corporate affairs
- Public affairs
We want to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Experience in PR, communications or a related discipline
- Currently or previously employed at an agency at the Account Director/Senior Accountant Director/Associate Director level, or in a management role in-house
- Experience with managing disparate internal and external stakeholders within a marketing or communications team
- Specific experience in defence or a related sector, and/or public/corporate affairs
- Extensive experience of and contacts in relevant media, both specialist and mainstream
- Familiarity with fast-moving environments, ideally in a technology-related industry
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.