(Closed) Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to create visual content for our website, social media accounts, advertising assets, marketing emails and strategic partnerships.
The ideal candidate would be someone who knows about esports and gaming who would also consider themselves to be creative, dedicated and reliable.
There is no experience requirement but attention to detail, communication skills and the willingness to adhere to our existing design systems are all of paramount importance.
This position is based out of our office in Newcastle upon Tyne, England and the successful candidate will be paid the real living wage of £9.30 per hour in year one.
Interested? Read on…
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’D BE EXPECTED TO:
- Create visual content for our branding, website, social media accounts, advertising assets, marketing emails and strategic partnerships.
- Support our Creative Lead in the production of graphics and overlays for video.
- Put together in-depth infographics using all of the rich data we collect on our platform.
- Assist in both the design and delivery of PDF documents for business development, marketing and sales purposes.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU’RE:
- The proud owner of a strong portfolio of great work you’ve done in the past. We don’t mind at all if it’s not all esports or gaming related.
- Someone with knowledge of working with brands and adhering to existing design systems. You could be the best designer around but if you can’t change your style to fit our tone then you’re not going to succeed here.
- Extremely familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite, most importantly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (not necessarily in that order).
IT’D BE A BONUS IF YOU’RE ALSO:
- Comfortable with being part of the entire design process from discussing the design brief through to delivering the final product. Communication is key.
- A little bit special when it comes to art-working and illustration.
- On top of the latest trends in design and skilled in both iconography and typography.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Been alive for at least 16 years. This is a full-time position with all of the associated legal benefits and employment rights that come along with it.
- The existing legal capacity to live and work full-time in the United Kingdom. We are unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.
- The ability to start working in Newcastle from early 2020. We’d love to have you here in January, but understand that relocation can take time.
- Your own laptop. We try to allow people to work from home whenever we can, so it’s important that you have the means to operate from anywhere.
IF YOU’RE HIRED, YOU’LL GET:
- The real living wage of £9.30 per hour, regardless of your age. We work 35 hours a week, so this adds up to an annual salary of £16,926 in year one.
- 28 days of paid holiday time, inclusive of bank holidays, which we’ll expect you to take. Holiday doesn’t carry over year-to-year, so you either use it or lose it.
- The promise of a raise after your first year, along with entry into our company's options pool so that you can own a stake in Hitmarker. All of the full-time staff we’ve hired so far have received both of these, as well as promotions.
PLUS SOME OTHER GREAT BENEFITS LIKE:
- Relocation assistance. If you need to move here to join us, we’ll help you out.
- Flexible shift patterns and lots of opportunities to work remotely (if you like to).
- Any extra equipment you need to perform your role to the best of your ability.
- A relaxed office with great colleagues (and tunes) in a fantastic city-centre location.
- Free drinks and snacks, with input into what we order week-on-week.
- A PS4, Switch, Xbox One and pool table at your disposal on a daily basis.
- Regular team outings for all staff birthdays and any other special occasions.
STILL INTERESTED? THEN IT’S TIME TO:
Apply with (1) a short cover letter telling us why you’d like to work for Hitmarker and (2) either a PDF of your portfolio uploaded instead of a CV or a link to your online portfolio added at the bottom your cover letter.
We’ll reply to every single application we receive.
This position will be open until Friday 13th December at 5pm GMT.