Social Media & Creative Manager
*CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL TO METRO DETROIT, MI*
High Score Esports is an emerging hub for all things esports, bringing attention to the local weeklies as well as all the major tournaments. We’re a team of esports organizers, game developers, gamers, and tech experts looking for the next addition to our party.
Based in the Midwest, we host leagues, tournaments, and events, as well as renting out our state-of-the-art gaming lounge for private parties and other functions.
We’ll soon be opening the doors to our brand new esports center in Farmington Hills, MI. We’re looking for somebody to join us who’s local, tapped into the esports scene, loves getting creative, and can represent our brand both online and in-person as we gear up for this exciting chapter.
Work will be performed remotely to start with, but the candidate will need to be local to Farmington Hills, MI in order to work at the facility once we’re able to open to the public in a way that keeps everyone safe.
Here’s what you might get up to as our Social Media & Creative Manager:
- In tandem with management, lead the creation of a marketing calendar that drives brand awareness, engagement, and players to our esports center.
- Manage our social media channels, write and share compelling copy and engage with our community.
- Moderate and grow our Discord community, making sure that it’s an active, friendly, and enjoyable environment to hang out in.
- Create visual assets to be shared on our channels. Ideally we’re looking for someone that can produce still graphics as well as video, but please tell us about any relevant multimedia experience in your cover letter.
- Embody High Score Esports’ brand voice, ensuring that we have a consistent presence across Twitter, Discord, Facebook, and our other channels.
- Capture content live at our esports centre during tournaments, leagues, and other events that we can share to promote the facility.
- Carry out ad hoc marketing duties, such as assisting in event launch campaigns and communicating with other brands.
- Represent our company in-person, interacting with our guests to ensure that High Score Esports visitors have a winning experience.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of all major social media platforms, and a native understanding of what content resonates on each.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- A solid grasp of gaming culture, along with top tier memeing skills.
- Basic proficiency in the Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- A creative mind and a love for brainstorming new ideas that you can take ownership of.
- Being able to recognize when to deal with an issue yourself and when it needs to be escalated.
- The ability to write in our tone of voice and be a custodian of our brand.
- Basic understanding of marketing techniques, as well as knowledge of key metrics and success indicators for social media and digital channels.
- To be a natural people-person, where you’ll enjoy interacting with and speaking to like-minded gamers at our esports center. We want you to have fun here, too!
Please note, this is a contract role initially, leading into a full-time opportunity. The salary reflected will be pro-rata.
If you’re local, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us an application including a unique cover letter and your resume. We’re looking for a passionate individual that wants to grow within this role. If that sounds like you, and you’d love to make a gaming lounge your workplace, let’s talk.
High Score Esports is an equal opportunity employer.