Rogue Company - Lead Tools Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced lead tools programmer to help grow the tools department at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Come join the studio that created the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
We are looking for an experienced, highly collaborative, and self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. The team that you will lead creates tools used across multiple projects, platforms, and disciplines to maximize game development productivity.
What our Lead Tool Developers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Mentor, level up, and grow your team.
- Plan projects with company and development team stakeholders.
- Focus on solving customer problems with innovative solutions.
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems.
- Establish technical requirements for tool requests for a wide range of stakeholders across the Art, Design, and Programming teams
What we are looking for:
- Experience with leadership of a technical team.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to multitask.
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills that allow you to hone in what is needed.
- Experience within multiple environments (e.g,. Max, Maya, game engine technologies).
- Strong skills with C++ and Python.
- Comfortable choosing and using algorithms and tool chains.
- Working experience with at least one game engine (e.g., Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, other).
- Experience using or writing plugins for Digital Content Creation (DCC) tools (e.g., Photoshop, Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, or Substance).
- Knowledge and working experience with Unreal UE4 technology and a desire to dive into UE5.
- Knowledge of hiring and team formation best practices.
- Previous experience with shipping Games As A Service (GaaS) game titles.
- Experience working with Linux systems and/or cloud systems (e.g., AWS, Azure).