Harebrained Schemes is looking for a Senior Producer to join the production team midway through development of a new turn-based strategy game.
If you are a thoughtful collaborator who enjoys working with a highly creative and talented team and directing it to as smooth and predictable of outcomes as possible, we'd love to talk with you.
This is an on-site, full-time individual contributor role.
(Please note that we are currently working from home due to Covid-19. We will return to the office in stages when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, all interviews will be done virtually.)
What You’ll Do
- Align with a project's Game Director and production team using the most accurate current production data available to enable informed decisions for the direction of the project
- Work with the Game Director and the rest of the project leads to implement the production plan and track progress against the plan
- Work with counterparts at our parent company (Paradox Interactive) to ensure goal alignment, consistent communication, and management team support
- Be a thought leader for strategy, planning, and process creation/evolution
- Manage task delegation, team coordination, and prioritization
- Negotiate and work with outside groups for many tasks from QA to localization to middleware partners to contractors
- Responsibility for project resource management and budgeting knowing who you need, how much it’s going to cost, and how to make the most of what you have
- Shepherd decision-making by getting the right people to the table at the right time
- Get problems solved through listening, negotiating, collaborating, assimilating, and communicating
- Lead with empathy, optimism, enthusiasm, humility, candor, and respect treating teammates like talent, not resources
- Maintain a healthy work environment of trust, respect, collaboration, and camaraderie in which the whole team can share ownership of a vision and personally invest in the delivery of a high quality experience for our audience
What You’ll Bring
- You’ve worked on a variety of projects - big or small, indie or 1st party, PC or console or mobile, licensed or new IP, etc. - to understand the breadth of issues you have to anticipate and know that every project is different
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Not just that you can communicate well, but that you understand the subtle needs and speak the languages of art, engineering, audio, QA, game design, finance, and marketing.
- Growth mindset - for yourself and in support of other producers, the project team, and the greater PDX ecosystem.
- You understand the puzzle pieces and maintenance action required to build and sustain a healthy, happy, productive team
- Seasoned leadership skills: humility, backbone, team support, listening, trust building, sense of humor, creativity
- Endless levels of empathy, patience, integrity, and a rock solid set of ethics
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize effectively, and anticipate evolving deadlines and deliverables. Your experience has given you the tools to flexibly guide a team through change with patience and positive attitude.
- Strong passion for video games, especially the turn-based strategy genre
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Shadowrun and BATTLETECH
- Familiarity with marketing and/or social media
- IT/Technical skills
- Prior experience as an individual contributor (art, test, design, audio or engineering)
Employment Eligibility Requirement
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible.
What to Expect at HBS
All HBS employees
- Contribute respectfully with empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Can work collaboratively in a team as well as on your own
- Are able to be self-directed in their work and learning
- Bring a growth mindset to the work they do
Working at HBS Means
- Work-life balance: a work family that doesn’t replace your family-family
- Flexible workday hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Time off when you need it: a wellness-first and family-first mindset
- High transparency and easy access to studio leadership
- Generous medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, and both short & long-term disability
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years Day
- 401(k) program
- Annual profit-sharing from Paradox Interactive
- Easy access off I-405 and free parking
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet-friendly office
You should apply to work at HBS if you want to:
- Make amazing game experiences with co-workers who are just as passionate about their craft as you are
- Be part of a project small enough (20-35 members) for everyone to have a significant impact
- Join a warm, inclusive and diverse team, with a respectful and collaborative culture
- Evolve and learn with us in a growth-mindset environment