(Closed) Account Supervisor, Olympic Games Esports
GMR Marketing is an industry-leading, innovative and fun-loving experiential marketing agency. We tap into passions – music, sports, entertainment, lifestyle – to connect brands to their audiences. Our team is made up of strategic thinkers, marketing specialists and experienced Olympic professionals who collaborate to create extraordinary experiences for our clients. We are creative, fast paced, disciplined and forward-looking.
Reporting to the Vice President of Client Services, the primary responsibilities of this position are supporting Worldwide Olympic Partner, Intel, in managing the delivery of their Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games E-Sports Tournament. Key responsibilities include planning, management and onsite operations and execution. Intel’s Olympic E-Sports Tournament is a 3-day program that takes place in the lead up to the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. Up to 1000 Esports fans will be invited to watch some of the world’s best gamers battle it out for the title of “Intel World Open” Champion. Large scale event/logistics management experience is required.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Manage “Intel World Open” operations requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client and program management: Intel World Open Operations (day-to-day contact for key clients and stakeholders)
- Working collaboratively with the larger GMR Account Team including Japan based team to ensure a seamless operation for event delivery
- Provide ongoing consultation and expertise for logistics planning, including; Project Timeline, Onsite Schedules & Playbooks, Venue Operations, Oversee Vendor RFPs, Vendor Payments, Hotels, Transportation, Player Lounges, Security Integration
- Support Creative + Production Oversight: Player Lounges, Stage Sets, AV Integration, Décor, Furniture, Branding, Signage, Staffing - Recruiting, Interviewing, Hiring, Training
- Timeline development and management
- Budget/financial management
- Team management: management of 1 - 2 direct reports including coaching and career development
- Manage various elements of program from planning to execution, including but not limited to: hotels, venue, VIP Lounges, Olympic accreditation, digital (registration website, mobile app, etc.), communications, transportation, uniforms, staffing, equipment, employee engagement, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships, including contracting, payments and oversight of the deliverables/quality of work
- Create and maintain administrative documents for client reports and presentations, including PPT presentations for executive level audiences, proposals, POVs, agendas and recaps
- Challenge traditional event logistics with fresh, innovative and creative best practice solutions
- Onsite supervision/coordination of activation elements as needed to ensure successful execution
- Ability to travel. Requires 10+ days of continuous travel during the Olympic Games, and multiple site inspections in the lead up/planning phase
- Other duties as assigned
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional education in Business, Sports Management, Marketing, Tourism or Hospitality Management a plus
- 5 – 7 years of experience in event or logistics management at an agency, brand or logistics vendor
- Client/stakeholder management experience required
- Experience with medium-large scale event management is required
- Must be a critical and creative thinker who challenges the norm
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills – remains calm under pressure
- Composed and professional: daily contact with clients and stakeholders via face-to-face communication/presentations, email and phone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work both at high quality and at a fast pace
- Strong work ethic – collaborative team player, works well on a team or independently
- Positive attitude/solutions oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience managing budgets over $500,000 is preferred
Connect With Us!
If you don’t see an opening that fits your unique career needs, be sure to connect with us! In doing so, you’ll be able to opt into the specific areas of interest and receive periodic updates on open positions and GMR Marketing news.