A little bit about us...
GGRecon is an esports media company with a mission to become the leading destination for gamers and die-hard esports enthusiasts through useful, credible, and entertaining content that inspires and educates fans about the world of esports.
We are a fun, young team looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and innovative individual to accelerate our rapid growth.
A little bit about the role...
We are looking for a Guides Writer, with a passion for gaming, to contribute within our guides team. The role is open to being remote from within the UK, with the option to travel into our office, or working full-time from within our HQ in the heart of the Manchester City Centre, depending on the successful candidate’s preferences.
As the Guides Writer you will become the third member of the guides team, alongside the current Guides Editor and Guides Writer. With the Head of Editorial, you'll work to continuously optimise and enhance the guides content strategy. You will be a key factor into contributing to our guides content, including research, continuous analysis and optimising content, along with producing guides on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing and understanding the gaming industry, along with expertise in playing games from a multitude of genres. A background in writing guides and some SEO experience is desired as you work with the Guides Editor to take our SEO content to the next level.
What you’ll be doing…
- Keep up-to-date with the rapidly evolving landscape of gaming
- Write multiple guides per day, as well as working with the Guides Editor and SEO team to ensure a continuously optimised ‘best practice’ process for the guides & overarching editorial team
- Pitch and research guide ideas to the Guides Editor when none are readily available
- Accept and apply any and all feedback received by the Guides Editor, SEO team, and Head of Editorial
- Communicate openly and actively with both the guides and overarching editorial team
- Use a multitude of different tools to ensure that we are hitting the right keywords, and covering the correct content for our audience
- Continuously look to optimise the GGRecon guides presence, searching for new, innovative ways to make us unique and noticed in the industry
- Constantly analyse and dive into the analytical tools across all guide content to ensure data driven consistent growth
- Use our in-house SEO tools and work with the SEO team & Guides Editor to optimise all content, providing proven organic growth
- Experience within an editorial team, with proof that your input has contributed to traffic growth
- Experience writing video game guides
- Basic image editing skills using Photoshop or equivalent
- A passion for gaming (and esports would be a plus)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- High levels of energy, passion, creativity, and enthusiasm
- Flexibility with working hours, as we do require coverage over weekends and evenings on occasion
- Ability to work to assigned deadlines
- Quick learner with a strong sense of urgency
- SEO writing knowledge and experience
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
- Desired gaming interests and genres include but are not limited to: Pokemon Go, Fortnite, Roblox, JRPGs, MOBAs, strategy games, and horror games
GGRecon is an equal opportunities' employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company, and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Are you interested?
Please apply with an introduction, CV, and why you’ll be a great candidate by clicking the ‘apply for this position’ button.
If you have any further questions, please send them directly below.