A little bit about us…
We’re a brand new Esports media business with a long term strategy and an aim to become the world’s leading company to provide education, information and entertainment across every Esport to worldwide gaming fans.
We’re a fun, young team looking for passionate, enthusiastic and innovative individuals to add value to our soon to be rapidly growing business.
A little bit about the role…
This is an opportunity to be in at the start of something new and exciting and grow with the company.
We are looking for an insanely creative and experienced editor with a passion for Esports & gaming to shape and produce an editorial strategy across all relevant channels of the business.
The role will be responsible for researching, compiling, editing long & short for content specific to the Esports industry, and will therefore require impeccable grammar skills and attention to detail. The editor will have vast knowledge of Esports and gaming and its communities and will find and develop industry leading stories, using relevant analytics to continuously optimise the editorial strategy.
There’s also the opportunity to grow and manage an editorial team as the business grows.
What you’ll be doing…
- Create and implement an editorial strategy.
- Edit and publish content on both the website and social media.
- Research and aggregate regular daily and weekly content, including managing a team of initially freelance writers, but eventual staff writers.
- Build a pipeline of relevant, industry leading stories, following the latest trends, as well as providing insight and analysis into various industry tools and changes.
- Analyse various pieces of content regularly and provide informative analysis on articles to optimise the editorial strategy.
- Build a dynamic editorial team to drive the editorial strategy.
- Work with 3rd party legal teams when required to ensure consistently legal driven content within the industry, whilst also keeping up to date with the rapidly evolving landscape in Esports.
- Plan and assist in execution of eventual event coverage production teams.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a writing-based role within the Esports and gaming industry.
- Passion for writing, editorial experience is desired.
- Excellent communication, oral and written skills.
- A general knowledge of the Esports media publishing rules and regulations.
- Strong passion for Esports and gaming in general.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and define the editorial strategy, but also able to work well within a team.
- High levels of energy, passion, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Openly able to travel, such as attending events for the business.
- Be flexible with working hours and potentially to provide coverage on weekends and evenings whenever the Esports calendar requires.
- Basic photo editing skills (Photoshop, Lightroom etc.).
- Excellent ability of publishing & editing content on both social media and via the website.
GGIntel is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Are you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, CV and why you’ll be a great candidate by clicking the ‘apply for this position’ button.
Also, if you have any further questions, please send them directly to our email below.