Does identifying, analyzing, and empathizing with audiences make you tick? Is your happy place a world of spreadsheets, charts, screenshots, and trailers? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment full of exciting opportunities every day? If you said yes to these three things, we'd love to talk about the next step in your career with us at Gearbox!
Gearbox, the developer of the hit titles Borderlands, Brothers in Arms and Battleborn is looking for a Brand Manager, Mobile for its Studio to work closely with marketing, communications, product management, and other internal teams and external partners to help plan, create, and execute strategic marketing plans and media plans, and manage the creative marketing asset pipeline and budget.
Responsibilities (will vary by project):
- Plan, develop, and execute go-to-market plans for mobile portfolio titles, including:
- Analyzing competitive titles and generating actionable insights.
- Identifying key audiences and establishing core product positioning.
- Managing the development of overall game marketing and user acquisition and retention assets.
- Ensure that all assets are created on time and align with marketing and positioning goals, and accurately represent the product.
- Manage the overall product marketing budget.
- Work closely with product managers to provide insight into the master schedule.
- Work with project managers to develop scope and proper capacity planning.
- 5+ years of experience in brand marketing, user acquisition, or product management in the mobile or mobile gaming space.
- Understanding of mobile game publishing and marketing content pipelines from concept to shipping.
- Knowledge of current trends in the gaming and mobile industries and related marketing trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and scheduling skills.
- Self-motivated and able to juggle multiple, potentially unrelated, projects.
- Awareness and knowledge of social, cultural trends, and current events.
- A team player: belief that the team’s success is your success and be comfortable picking up tasks or project that may fall slightly outside your normal duties.
- Has previous, proven experience running successful go-to-market campaigns for mobile games or products across all lifecycle stages.
- Knowledgeable about Gearbox-owned (Battleborn, Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Duke Nukem, Homeworld) and published (We Happy Few, Risk of Rain, Godfall, Tribes of Midgard, etc.) IPs
- Familiarity with JIRA, Perforce, and build management.
- Strong presentation skills with a willingness to represent the company or a product to internal or external parties.
- Loves data and finding ways to improve based on past results.
Located in beautiful Montreal and Quebec City, our studios are a short walk away from the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.